Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Am A Baker!

It's been a while since I've posted anything about school. It's become pretty routine, and I still adore [most of] my students. I tend to post pictures of the small class because they're so freakin' adorable, but the big class is pretty awesome too; there is finally a girl in addition to the 11 boys! The 2-week unit that we just completed taught the sentence structure "I am a _____." The kids loved acting out different animals and jobs, but they had trouble figuring out some of the characters in the book, the baker in particular. I tried to explain about cooking sweet things, but I figured it would be better to show them; thus, we culminated the unit with "I am a baker" day on Friday, when we made no-bake cookies in the classroom (yes, I do see the irony, but the kids don't know the difference!). It was a lot of fun and the kids LOVED helping out, pouring ingredients, and taking turns to mix. Here are some pictures:
The class wearing our "baker hats" (or decorated KKK hats...your call)
Billy adds the sugar.
Looking at the ingredients in the pot.
Johnny is trying hard to mix.
Preparing to shape the dough into cookies (notice the gloves...haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment